Issues in Aging (3rd Edition)
Opportunities and Optimism in Aging
Issues in Aging, 3rd edition takes an optimistic view of aging and human potential in later life.
This book presents the most up-to-date facts on aging today, the issues raised by these facts, and the societal and individual responses that will create a successful old age for us all.
Mark Novak presents the full picture of aging- exhibiting both the problems and the opportunities that accompany older age. The text illustrates how generations are dependent on one another and how social conditions affect both the individual and social institutions.
Upon completing this book, readers will be able to:
- Understand how large-scale social issues — social attitudes, the study of aging, and demographic issues affect individuals and social institutions
- Identify the political responses to aging and how individuals can create a better old age for themselves and the people they know
- Separate the myths from the realities of aging
- Recognize the human side of aging
- Trace the transformation of pension plans, health, and opportunities for personal expression and social engagement to the new ecology of aging today
Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit: www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySearchLab with Pearson eText (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 020586368X / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205863686
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book