FREE shipping on ALL orders
Acknowledged author Denise Rochat wrote Contrastes: Grammaire du français courant (2nd Edition) comprising 416 pages back in 2009. Textbook and etextbook are published under ISBN 0205646999 and 9780205646999. Since then Contrastes: Grammaire du français courant (2nd Edition) textbook received total rating of 3.5 stars and was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price of $17.79 or rent at the marketplace.
The 2nd edition of Contrastes: grammaire du français courant remains what it originally set out to be: a comprehensive French grammar review geared specifically to English-speakers with some exposure to the French language. Written in French (with occasional footnotes and explanations in English), it is meant for those who have already acquired a foundation in French, but who need a tool to help them review and expand upon what they already know to improve their mastery of complex grammar rules and formations.
- Written in French, with idiomatic North-American translations of all examples.
- Nota Bene helps students focus on correcting the most common mistakes by drawing attention to exceptions, contrasts, or frequent errors.
- Charts and Tableaux synthétiques allow visual learners to grasp information at a glance.
- Generous lists of frequently used verbs, helpful vocabulary, and familiar idiomatic expressions within the chapters make for easier learning and retention.
- Systematic comparative approach provides a wealth of examples that establish points of comparison and contrast between confusing structures in French and English and focus on correcting the most common mistakes.
- Thorough yet versatile and adaptable text that is useful in intermediate, advanced, culture, grammar, translation, or graduate courses, or on its own as a grammar reference.
- Short verification exercises are designed to help students master key concepts and rules and build confidence as they move from simple to complex structures.
- Accompanying Workbook, cross-referenced with the textbook, closely follows the presentation of each chapter and provides ample opportunity for additional practice.