Analysis of Transport Phenomena, Second Edition, provides a unified treatment of momentum, heat, and mass transfer, emphasizing the concepts and analytical techniques that apply to these transport processes.
The second edition has been revised to reinforce the progression from simple to complex topics and to better introduce the applied mathematics that is needed both to understand classical results and to model novel systems. A common set of formulation, simplification, and solution methods is applied first to heat or mass transfer in stationary media and then to fluid mechanics, convective heat or mass transfer, and systems involving various kinds of coupled fluxes.
* Explains classical methods and results, preparing students for engineering practice and more advanced study or research
* Covers everything from heat and mass transfer in stationary media to fluid mechanics, free convection, and turbulence
* Improved organization, including the establishment of a more integrative approach
* Emphasizes concepts and analytical techniques that apply to all transport processes
* Mathematical techniques are introduced more gradually to provide students with a better foundation for more complicated topics discussed in later chapters
Rate this book!