Investment Fables: Exposing the Myths of "Can't Miss" Investments Strategies
The truth about 13 of today's most widely touted investment strategies.
- 10 powerful lessons for every investor
- Overcoming the enduring myths about markets
- High dividend stocks: better and safer than bonds--or not?
- Cheap stocks: cheap for a reason?
- Should you invest in quality? Momentum? The next big thing? Or what?
You've heard 'em. (Maybe even from your broker!) They're the "can't lose" investment stories that promise you a no-risk path to profits …
- "Buy companies trading below book value."
- "Follow the momentum."
- "Buy stocks with low P/Es."
- "Stick with quality."
- "Buy after bad news."
- "Buy after good news."
- "Follow the insiders."
- "Do whatever Warren Buffett's doing."
And on, and on, and on …
They sound good. But do they really work? You're about to find out.
In Investment Fables, one of the world's leading investment researchers runs the numbers on 13 of today's most widely touted strategies, objectively answering the questions your broker can't answer. Has it worked over the long term? Over the short term? If it made sense once, does it still make sense? Are the promised benefits a statistical mirage? Could it work, as one part of your investment strategy? What are the downsides–and how can you mitigate them?If you want to make smarter investment decisions, you'll find this book utterly indispensable.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book