Ductile Design of Steel Structures, 2nd Edition
Thoroughly revised throughout, Ductile Design of Steel Structures, Second Edition, reflects the latest plastic and seismic design provisions and standards from the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) and the Canadian Standard Association (CSA). The book covers steel material, cross-section, component, and system response for applications in plastic and seismic design, and provides practical guidance on how to incorporate these principles into structural design.
Three new chapters address buckling-restrained braced frame design, steel plate shear wall design, and hysteretic energy dissipating systems and design strategies. Eight other chapters have been extensively revised and expanded, including a chapter presenting the basic seismic design philosophy to determine seismic loads. Self-study problems at the end of each chapter help reinforce the concepts presented. Written by experts in earthquake-resistant design who are active in the development of seismic guidelines, this is an invaluable resource for students and professionals involved in earthquake engineering or other areas related to the analysis and design of steel structures.
- Structural steel properties
- Plastic behavior at the cross-section level
- Concepts, methods, and applications of plastic analysis
- Building code seismic design philosophy
- Design of moment-resisting frames
- Design of concentrically braced frames
- Design of eccentrically braced frames
- Design of steel energy dissipating systems
- Stability and rotation capacity of steel beams
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book